Using Visualization When Your Imagination Sucks
I’ll be the first to admit that my imagination sucks big time. And I used to feel bad about it, since we all know that one of the most potent manifesting tools is visualization.
But sometimes, you want to manifest something that you have no idea how to visualize. Unlike what you may be thinking, you don’t have to see what you want in your mind’s eye to manifest it. There is a nice workaround for it.
I call this method ‘satellite visualization’.
The idea here is to visualize things that indicate that we have indeed manifested what we want, but choosing only to visualize what comes easily to us, while linking these visualizations to what it is that we want.
As I shared in one of my recent posts, I used this technique to help me manifest my new home, as I am not a very imaginative person and actually visualizing a place with windows, doors and floors was really hard for me.
So This Is Example #1 of Satellite Visualization
You’d probably agree that if you want to manifest a new place to live, you’d better spend time thinking about how the place will look and how it will feel to be there.- visualization in its very core.
So let’s use this to see how to visualize ‘by proxy’, even if you can’t for the life of you see a single image of your new place.
Try working with any one of the following visualizations:
- Signing a contract – just look at the pen, your hand and the ink trail as you sign the contract for your new place
- Redecorating – this visualization can be as easy as painting a blank wall or going to the hardware store to buy supplies
- Your boxes for the move – simply imagine opening the box, using the box cutter and looking at the stuff instead as you begin to unpack
- Fumbling for your key as you arrive – While visualization is oftentimes (as the name implies) visual, you can also use the same technique with other senses, The sound of your key as you reach for it
No matter what you choose to visualize, as long as you are feeling happy and content visualizing it, your on the right path!
Example #2 – Attracting a loving relationship
Whether you are already in a relationship and looking to improve, I found satellite visualization to be a great way to align yourself to having the relationship that you want.
- Focus on the feeling love and being loved – even if you are thinking about your dog or best friend, it doesn’t matter: this loving vibe will attract more of the same
- Being hugged – We all have the sensory memory of being hugged in a way that was very pleasant to us, just bring that up and associate it with your loving relationship
- Spooning together, getting a tender massage or a back rub. This one is really powerful, as long as you work with something you really enjoy doing.
Working Satellite Visualization Anywhere
So the concept is quite simple: find an image that inspires you and could be linked to that which you wish to manifest. The positive vibrations will take care of the rest.
July 6, 2016 - 8:11 am
Ooh that’s a really great idea! I’m ok with using my imagination but sometimes it doesn’t work for me.
July 6, 2016 - 8:31 am
I know the feeling. It is because of the countless times where I couldn’t imagine manifesting what I wanted, that I came up with this visualization by proxy method 🙂
July 6, 2016 - 9:38 am
This is such a lovely and achievable way to think about manifesting – to imagine the signs and the feelings of achievement. Thanks so much for sharing!
July 15, 2016 - 12:25 pm
Thank you very much Kelly! 🙂
Chloe of beyond blessed
July 6, 2016 - 5:53 pm
Love this! Sometimes, you just need a little extra motivation and inspiration!
July 7, 2016 - 7:08 pm
Great post, love the things you suggested. Sometimes its the little things that make the biggest difference.
Sydney Fashion Hunter
July 10, 2016 - 10:48 pm
Sounds like an interesting technique!